Sunday, December 12, 2010

It's Been a Long Time Coming

So, its been over a year since I posted last. Crazy...I know, and sooooo much has happened. I'm not sure where to start...or if I even should.  I kinda want to go thru the months and recap.  It will likely do my soul some good to see how the year has progressed.  My last post was in October of last year.  We were moving into a house that needed complete renovating.  I think we were smack dab in the middle of it when I wrote.  So, I guess I'll start with November and move forward.  Here we go:

November:  We've moved into our new house.  Its a little smaller than we're used to; a little older than we're used to; a little more work than we're used to.  But it has a pool.  We are prepared for the challenge...or so we think.  Time will be the tell, but I won't spoil the time-line.  I'm also on bedrest...still.  My blood pressure is climbing and November brings a few trips to the hospital for this or that.  But so far, Parker is staying put.  Again...time will be the tell. Even though I'm on bedrest, I sing at Kimmy and Clarks wedding.  Its a beautiful wedding and even more beautiful reception.  She is the most beautiful bride I've seen to date ;) (and by "to date", I mean...its November 2009...a certain girl has not become a bride yet). 

Sissy & Jaxson's Snowman
December:  Blood pressure continues to climb and on Dec 7th its 180/118 and I'm admitted with plans to induce the next morning bright and early.  They started at 5:30...Dr Herd came in and broke my water at 7:20 and Parker McKay Campbell was born at 8:05am.  He was 7lbs 3oz (I think...I know, its terrible).  He was perfect and I was so happy to have him and take him home, with no complications.  Jeremy was set to ask MerMer to marry him on her birthday, but plans were temporarily thwarted.  I don't remember much about Christmas...but I feel sure we had it.  ha!  It did snow...on Christmas...and it was UH-MAZING!  And then a few days later...Jer popped the question and Kimber agreed...and we were off to wedding heaven.  Its a beautiful thing, true love.  I'm so happy they have found it.  

January: Rick and I have been married for 20 years.  Rick sets up a wonderful evening at the Hyatt Place in the BEST room.  We have a great dinner at PF Changs and then dessert at Reata.  It was a wonderful night, and I was very surprised.  He's a good man, and I'm a very lucky girl.  On the 28th, Jaxson turned 4.  His party is planned for February. 

SUPER HERO Jaxson Campbell
February:  The month of love.  Jaxy's birthday was  big hit.  We built a super hero obstacle course in the backyard and the kids got a certificate for finishing.  It was fun and Jaxson loved it!  Wedding plans continue...planning an outdoor wedding in June.  Should be great fun...and I will do everything I can to make it go as smoothly as possible.  Kimber is wonderful and I'm incredibly happy.

Our family...this took SO long.
March: Mini and Pa turn 90 this year.  Amazing.  Mini is not doing so well....she has Alzheimers and its getting harder on everyone in that house.  We have a birthday party at Gran and Papa's and everyone is doing family pics for them.  I'm not exactly thrilled about this, since I just had a baby 3 months ago...but I'm getting over it.  Its far too important to let my vanity get the best of me.  

Papa Roddy with Pmac
April: I'm asked to help with the District Fine Arts Competition for the Assemblies of God.  The competition is the end of May, and most churches begin planning sometime in September.  But its our first year and we plan to take a small group and see what its all about.  I'm excited to be a part.  The BEST part about April is the visit we had from Rick's family from Maine.  Papa Roddy, Jody, Heidi, Bill, Tray, and Jayden came on the 20th and stayed a week.  We had an AMAZING time and felt richer for having a chance to know them.  I love them....and I love that Rick has family like this.  They are great.  

May: We head to the Fine Arts Festival in Waxahachie.  Its quite an experience and one that we will be better prepared for next year.  7 of the 12 kids make it to Nationals...I am ECSTATIC!  We have a lot to prepare between now and Nationals..and ALOT of money to raise...but we can do it!  I am sooooo proud!  Austin plays King Pharaoh in BCS's musical, Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat.  He was amazing and it was alot of fun to see him enjoying all of that.  I was incredibly proud of him.  And then he graduates.  Sings Immoral Man at his graduation and makes me cry.  He has his whole life in front of him....his whole life.  We have a great graduation party for him at our pool and I think he is pleased.  He's a great kid and I love him. 

June: Kimber and Jeremy get married this month.  THE MOST beautiful wedding EVER!  Kimber was just stunning and I was so very proud.  The weather cooperated perfectly.  It was a beautiful 86 degrees at 7pm.  And it just got better throughout the evening.  Again, I was so proud.  And I got to see my brother and his beautiful bride, Maggie.  Oh...and Parker cut his first tooth.  Funny, huh?  On the home front, we are REALLY starting to enjoy our pool...I'm gonna have a killer tan before long.  Woot Woot!  Austin goes to Honduras and his life is shaken.  He's truly moved by the people there and everyone says that he's a natural.  What a gift we have in him.  

July: Birthdays and float trips and getting ready for Detroit!  Rick and Austin get a year older.  Its Austin's big 18...and Rick's [eh-hem] 43rd.  We have added Rachel Herman into the Campbell mix and she is turning out to be a breath of fresh air.  I'm excited to see what God has in store for those two.  We celebrated Austin's bday at Papa's Burgers and Rick's bday at Saltgrass.  The last weekend of the month we headed to San Antonio for the 2030's Float Trip.  Good times.  And this month Soul Sistas is birthed.  Born out of a desire to break down the walls between women and obliterate insecurities amongst us, 40 women converge upon Macaroni Grill for our first event.  It was great fun and I was thankful for the Lord's move.  We will see what comes of it.  For now, I plan one event at at time and only as He leads. 

August:  We start the month off with a trip to Detroit.  The kids do fantastic.  Probably not as well as they would have liked, but still very good.  It was a lot of fun and I am super glad to get to be a part of that.  Jeremy turns 20...he's finally not a teenager anymore :)  Thirty-one of us Soul Sistas see Eat Pray Love [eh] and eat at Cheesecake Factory. I continue to get darker. {YES!!!}

The book that is changing my life
September: The month that changed me.  I begin THE HOME EXPERIENCE class hosted by Rachel's mom, Brigitte Herman.  From the very first class, it has powerful impact on me.  Then she speaks at the Ladies Retreat, where I'm in charge of the games.  It was alot of fun, but Devi....wow.  There are not words enough to describe what this has done.  I decide almost immediately that I want to teach the class.  I make plans to begin in January.  But I gotta finish my class first. ha!  After months of trying to make our house work, we make the hard decision to move out.  Its just too much of a money pit.  Rick finds a GREAT house in Heritage Trace while I'm at the retreat.  We sign papers  4 days later and get approved to move in October 1st.  VERY EXCITING!  Soul Sistas does dinner Saltgrass style.  And we finally give So Long Insecurity Virtual Book Club a try...set to begin October 1st.

October: We move into our house.  Its great.  I'm happy.  Lots of furniture painting, lots of walks in the great neighborhood...its good.  Virtual book club not as popular as I had hoped...but thats ok.  Sissy and I walk the Susan G Komen with a couple of our Soul Sistas...that was an experience I won't forget!  Not much else happens this month.  Things will be picking up soon for the Christmas Splendor production happening December 5th.  Should be getting crazy.  

November: The month of Thanksgiving.  I've begun a weight loss challenge with a worthy competitor (wink) and so I can't let myself go completely over the holiday.  I manage to gain 2.5 pounds, but pull it back together right after that.  Said competitor is constantly bragging about how he's gonna win.  We'll see. We weigh on December 5th.  I'm determined to win.  Again...we'll see.  ;)  Much of the  month is spent in rehearsals and meetings about the Christmas program.  Its a bit different this year...but truly beautiful.  I'm excited.  I decide to host a TG breakfast at our house so that all the kids can attend their families events without conflict.  It was great and I think the beginning of a tradition.  Can't believe I don't have any pics of that morning (Kimber - you do...post them if you can).  The spread was GREAT and I was proud. That night we decorated the tree...all the kids were there, and I loved it.  Then the kids did the Black Friday thing, while we slept!  And the big news is that PARKER WALKED!  Such a big boy!

December:  The first week was full of nothing but getting ready for A Bethesda Christmas.  And it was well worth every bit of my time.  It was absolutely beautiful.  I am always so blessed to get to be a part of this production.  I have learned so much and it scratches an itch that I spend the first half of the year developing.  I love every bit of it!  After the musical is over, I find a bit of depression sets in...but not for long.  Its just hard to get back to "normal" (whatever that is).  But I don't have too much time to waste being sad...we have a birthday to prepare for!  And that brings us to where we are today, Parker's One Year Birthday Party!  It's hard to believe that its been a year.  He is an amazing boy and I have no good reason for not blogging about him before now. 
Last minute...and homemade.

Gosh I love this boy!
For 20 years we have been celebrating boys' birthdays.  We've had simple parties and grandeous parties.  But this had to have been the least eventful, least planned out, least to do about something, party.  Poor thing...it stinks being child #4.  But he is sweet and certainly worthy of all the time, planning, and effort of a HUGE birthday party.  And just look at that face...what a cutie pie!  So that was our day today.  I'll spare you the story of how I'll try to be better about blogging more regularly.  Its one of those things that I just have to do as I feel it.  Tonight I felt it and it took me nearly 3 hours.  Crazy.  Good night bloggers.  Hopefully I'll be back sooner than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment